Bell in February 2008
|Born||Lauralee Kristen Bell
(1968-12-22) December 22, 1968
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Scott Martin (m. 1997)|
Lauralee Kristen Bell (born December 22, 1968) is an Emmy Award nominated actress and Emmy Award-winning creator/writer/producer. She was born in Chicago, Illinois. Bell won a Daytime Emmy® Award for her IP work in 2014 and was nominated for a Daytime Emmy® as Outstanding Supporting Actress in 2016 for her role as Christine (“Cricket”) Blair Williams on The Young and the Restless, the #1 rated soap. Bell has the starring role in Mistress Hunter, a Lifetime Movie Network film airing March 16th. Bell also created three webseries, Family Dinner, Just Off Rodeo and mI promise, continuing a rich family tradition of creating her own projects and won an Emmy® Award for mI Promise. Bell also won the female lead in her first film, Carpool Guy, the lead in the 2006 Lifetime movie, Past Sins, and one of the leads in Easy Rider: The Ride Back. She also guested on CSI: Miami and Castle.
The daughter of soap opera creators William J. Bell and Lee Phillip Bell, and sister to Bill Bell, Jr. and Bradley Bell and started on her parents’ show The Young and the Restless in 1983 when she was a child and eventually became a full-time actress on the show when she was a teenager.
In June, 2009, Bell debuted her first Webby Honoree webseries, Family Dinner. Bell created, wrote, directed, co-starred and with her husband, Scott Martin, and Anne Clements, produced the series. The first two episodes featured Phyllis Diller, the next two showcased Cloris Leachman, and the fifth episode featured Shirley Jones. All the webisodes made the front page of funnyordie.com, the industry’s leading humor website. In 2011, Bell launched her next web series, Telly Award-winner Just Off Rodeo, to merge her fashion sense with entertainment and merchandising. She then debuted mI promise, created to dramatize the results of teen texting and driving, and won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Special Class-Short Format Daytime Program. mI promise, also a Webby Award Honoree, received a lot of positive feedback.
Bell married photographer Scott Martin on October 4, 1997. They have a son, Christian Martin, and a daughter, Samantha Martin.
- Diagnosis: Murder – “Herself” (1995)
- Walker, Texas Ranger – Kim Rivers (1998)
- Match Game – Panelist (1998)
- Pacific Blue – Christine (1999)
- The Young and the Restless – Christine Blair (1983–2006, 2010-)
- Carpool Guy – Hope (2005)
- Past Sins – Donna Erickson (2006)
- CSI: Miami (2006)
- The Bold and the Beautiful – Christine Blair (2007)
- Castle – Pam Francis (2012)
- Mistress Hunter – Jackie Blanchard, starring role (2018)
- Daytime Emmy Award Nominee, Outstanding Supporting Actress (for “The Young and the Restless”) (2016)
- Daytime Emmy Award Winner, Outstanding Special Class Short Format Daytime (for creating, writing and producing the web series mI promise) (2014)
- Soap Opera Award Winner, Outstanding Supporting Actress (1999)
- Soap Opera Award Nominee, Outstanding Younger Lead Actress (1997)
- TEEN Magazine, Favorite Soap Opera Actress (1989)