|Born||(1967-02-02) February 2, 1967
New York City, New York U.S.
(m. 1994; div. 2004)
Jenny Lumet (born February 2, 1967) is an American actress and award-winning screenwriter. She is the daughter of director Sidney Lumet, and her grandmother is Lena Horne. Lumet is perhaps most known for writing the original screenplay of the 2008 Jonathan Demme film, Rachel Getting Married.
Early life and education
Lumet was born in New York City. She is the daughter of director Sidney Lumet and journalist/writer Gail Buckley. On her paternal side, she is Polish-Jewish ancestry. Her paternal grandfather was Baruch Lumet, who was a Yiddish theatre actor. On her maternal side, she is African Americans, with extensive roots in the post-colonial America. Her maternal grandmother was singer Lena Horne.
- 2008: Film Independent Spirit Awards, Best First Screenplay (nomination) for Rachel Getting Married
- 2008: New York Film Critics Circle Awards, Best Screenplay for Rachel Getting Married
- 2008: Toronto Film Critics Association Awards, Best Screenplay for Rachel Getting Married
- 2009: Image Awards, Outstanding Writing in a Motion Picture (Theatrical or Television) for Rachel Getting Married
- 1975: Everybody Rides the Carousel – Stage 4 (voice)
- 1982: Deathtrap – Stage Newsboy
- 1988: Running on Empty – Music Girl
- 1988: Tougher Than Leather – Pam
- 1990: Q&A – Nancy Bosch
- 1994: Assassination (Short) – Stephanie Merrin
- 1995: DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story – Claudette Mitty
- 2008: Rachel Getting Married – Writer
- 2017: The Mummy Writer, screen story by
- 2017: Untitled Jenny Lumet Project – Executive Producer, Writer
- 2018: Valley Girl – Writer, screenplay