Chapman at the Metropolitan Opera opening, September 22, 2008
|Born||Georgina Rose Chapman
(1976-04-14) 14 April 1976
|Alma mater||Marlborough College and Wimbledon School of Art and Chelsea College of Art and Design|
|Spouse(s)||Harvey Weinstein (2007–present; 2 children)|
Life and career
Chapman was born in London, England, the daughter of Caroline Wonfor, a journalist, and Brian Chapman, a co-owner of the fairtrade organic coffee company Percol. Chapman grew up in Richmond, southwest London. Chapman attended Marlborough College in Wiltshire.
Chapman met future partner Keren Craig, while they were both students at Chelsea College of Art and Design. Chapman graduated from Wimbledon School of Art in 2001 and began her career as a costume designer. After graduation, Chapman appeared in various television shows and films.
In 2004, she and Craig launched Marchesa, named after socialite Marchesa Luisa Casati. Investors of the brand include Giuseppe Cipriani and Steve Witkoff. In 2006, the label was named one of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund’s top ten finalists.
In 2012, Chapman was featured as a judge on the premiere of Project Runway: All Stars. She reprised her role as judge for the first five seasons of the show.
Chapman started dating film producer Harvey Weinstein in December 2004, after he left his first wife. They married on 15 December 2007 in Connecticut, USA. The couple splits their time between a West Village townhouse, a seafront home in Westport, Connecticut, and a mansion in Los Angeles. Chapman gave birth to the couple’s first child, daughter India Pearl, on 30 August 2010. On 11 April 2013, they welcomed a son, Dashiell Max Robert.
- Project Runway: All Stars (2012–present) – Herself, judge
- Gossip Girl (2009) …. Herself
- Awake (2007) …. Penny Carver
- The Nanny Diaries (2007) …. TriBeCa Fashionista
- Don’t – Fake Trailer in between Planet Terror & Death Proof in Grindhouse (2007)
- Factory Girl (2006) …. Interviewer
- “Project Catwalk” (2006) TV Series …. Herself – Guest Panelist Season 1, Episode 9
- Derailed (2005/I) …. Candy
- The Business (2005) …. Carly
- Match Point (2005) …. Nola Co-Worker
- Danny the Dog (2005) …. Floozy 1
- Zemanovaload (2005) …. Jenna
- “Rosemary & Thyme” …. Celia Llewellyn (1 episode, 2004)
- The Italian Rapscallion (2004) TV Episode …. Celia Llewellyn
- Bride & Prejudice (2004) …. Anne
- A Soldier’s Tunic (2004) …. Katherine Cranborn
- Piccadilly Jim (2004) …. Connie 1
- Shanghai Knights (2003) …. Debutante
- Sons & Lovers (2003) (TV) …. Louie
- Jeffrey Archer: The Truth (2002) (TV) …. Secretary
- Desire (2001) …. Eve