(1950-09-24) 24 September 1950
Nybro, Småland, Sweden
|Years active||1976 – present|
Britt-Inger Johansson, known professionally as Kristina Wayborn (born 24 September 1950), is a Swedish actress who worked mostly in the United Kingdom and in the United States.
Wayborn was born Britt-Inger Johansson in Nybro, Småland, Sweden. She was Miss Sweden in 1970, and was a semi-finalist in the Miss Universe pageant that same year. She was also selected as Miss Scandinavia 1971.
She was then cast in probably her best known role as Bond girl Magda in James Bond film Octopussy (1983) which featured a memorable scene in which Magda notably beat up many of villain Kamal Khan’s guards, showing a surprising agility and acumen for martial arts. During filming of the scene, the act went wrong and Wayborn suffered several broken toes. Wayborn’s performance in the film came in an era predating the big female action heroines of the box office.
She subsequently appeared in a number of American television series such as The Love Boat, Airwolf, MacGyver, Dallas, General Hospital, Designing Women, Baywatch and That ’70s Show, which reunited her with her Octopussy co-star Maud Adams.
- Victory at Entebbe (1976) (TV) as Claudine
- The Silent Lovers (1980) (TV) as Greta Garbo
- Octopussy (1983) as Magda
- Hostage Flight (1985) (TV) as Ilsa Beck
- The Love Boat (2 episodes, 1982 and 1986) as Anna Petrovska / Monique Ellis
- Airwolf (1 episode, 1986) as Dawn Harrison
- MacGyver (1 episode, 1986) as Sara Ashford
- General Hospital (1963) TV series (56 episodes, 1987) as Dr. Greta Ingstrom
- Designing Women (1 episode, 1991) as Gail
- Dangerous Curves (1 episode, 1992) as Norma Desmond
- Little Ghost (1997) as Christine
- Baywatch (2 episodes, 1993 and 1999) as Lena / Lila Franks
- That ’70s Show (1 episode, 2000) as Honor
- Forbidden Warrior (2004) as Sorceress
- Frankenstein (2010) as Elizabeth’s Mother