|Born||(1983-04-20) 20 April 1983
|Years active||2005 – Present|
Joanne King (born April 20, 1983, Dublin, Ireland) is an Irish actress. She is best known for her roles as Cyd (Cynthia Pyke) on the BBC1s Casualty and as Jane Boleyn, Viscountess Rochford in the Showtime 2007 – 2010 series The Tudors.
King is the second of four children, father Ronan is an accountant and mother Edel is a volunteer teacher. She attended St. Brigid’s Girls School in Cabinteely and St Joseph of Cluny Killiney. She trained at the Gaiety School of Acting, Dublin.
She moved to London from Ireland to follow her dream of becoming an actress and was working as a BBC tour guide when she auditioned for a role on Casualty. She is most notable for playing the character Cyd (Cynthia Pyke) on Casualty. But it is her role as Anne Boleyn‘s sister-in-law, Lady Jane Rochford in Showtime‘s hugely successful show The Tudors which has brought her to international attention. Her character appeared first in the middle of Season Two in a small supporting role which was expanded for the fourth and final season which saw the downfall and execution of her character.
- Massive (2008) as Nancy
- The Tudors (2008–2010) (seasons 2-4) as Jane Boleyn, Viscountess Rochford
- Trial & Retribution (Kill the King -Part 2 : 2008) –
- Shameless (2008) as Brandi
- The Omid Djalili Show (2007)
- Casualty (2006–2007) as Cyd (Cynthia Pyke)
- The Exile Files (2006) as Lucy Dillon
- Boy Eats Girl (2005) as a zombie
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream – 2005 – Hermia – The Pavilion Theatre
- Hamlet – 2004 – Ophelia – The Cork Opera House
- Carolling Corlorans – Various characters- The Ark/Mermaid Theatre
- The Playboy Of The Western World – Honour Blake – Cork Opera Hs
- G.S.A. Showcase – Various characters – The Gate
- What The Dead Want – Common Girl – The Project
- The Abduction Of Persephone – Sharon – G.S.A.
- Appeared in the Brian McFadden music video Irish Son as a businesswoman.
- Appeared in Forza Horizon 3 as Keira.
- Movement (Adrianne Browne), Stage Combat (Paul Burke), Mime (Sharon O’Doherty), Basic Irish & French, Basic Violin.
- Radio: Romeo & Juliet, “Juliet”, Arklight Theatre Company
- Dance: Modern Dance, Tap, Ballet (Diane Richardson) Accents: Regional Irish, English, RP, Various American
- Singing: Alto