|Born||(1987-04-02) April 2, 1987
Andover, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Spouse(s)||Rene Gube (m. 2015)|
Briga Heelan (pronunciation /ˈbriːɡɑː/ BREE-gah; born April 2, 1987[better source needed]) is an American actress and comedian. She is best known for her work on the sitcoms Cougar Town, Ground Floor, and Undateable.
Heelan was born in Andover, Massachusetts, the daughter of actress and Lowell Public Schools teacher Kimball Heelan and playwright Kevin Heelan. She has a brother named Conor. Heelan’s father, as well as being a dramatist, has been a faculty member at Phillips Andover Academy since 1983. Her parents met when her father was getting his Master’s degree at Smith College.
Heelan’s break-out TV role was on Cougar Town. She is credited as being a recurring character on Undateable and appears in three episodes plus the pilot. She was able to shoot both Bill Lawrence-helmed Ground Floor and Undateable simultaneously  because both comedies are multi-camera, which require fewer production days than single-camera days.
On Heelan’s role in Ground Floor, TV critic Alan Sepinwall said Heelan is “simply terrific as Jenny: warm and quirky while always feeling like a strong and independent character”. The Los Angeles Times said Heelan “makes Ground Floor watchable”, describing her as “remarkably alive and in the moment; she makes real all that she touches. I could easily recommend tuning in just to watch her work – and hereby do.”
On her unusual name, she said, “It’s an Irish name. In fact, my last name was O’Heelahan back in the day. And Briga, I read somewhere, is some pagan Celtic goddess, which sounds great, so I really like saying that. But I was named after my grandmother’s best friend, who was Irish and came from Dublin.”
On October 16, 2014, Heelan became engaged to her Ground Floor co-star Rene Gube. They were married on May 8, 2015. On October 31, 2016, it was announced they are expecting their first child, a daughter, due in March 2017.
- 2009: Cougar Town (recurring as Holly)
- 2011: Man Up! Season 1, Episode 7 (guest appearance as Money)
- 2012: Jane by Design (recurring as Amanda Clark)
- 2013: Happy Endings Season 3, Episode 7 (guest appearance as Ryan)
- 2013–15: Ground Floor (main cast as Jenny Miller)
- 2014–15: Undateable (recurring as Nicki)
- 2015: Truth Be Told Season 1, Episode 6 (guest appearance as Katherine/Kiki)
- 2016: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Season 1, Episode 11 (guest appearance as Connie Cavanaugh)
- 2016–17: Love (recurring as Heidi)
- 2017: Great News (main cast as Katie Wendelson)